Functional Capacity Evaluation Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is an objective assessment that measures a client’s physical capabilities and tolerances. More specifically, an FCE provides important information about a client’s current abilities to perform work tasks and activities of daily living.
FCE’s are a useful tool in the medical, insurance, legal, worker’s compensation and vocational rehabilitation communities.
The FCE may be used to determine:
– Rehabilitation planning
– Ability to safely return to work
– Work ability status for vocational rehabilitation
– Workers’ compensation case settlement
– Disability status
– Ability to meet job demands as part of a hiring process
– Ability to meet the demands of non-work related activities
Our clinic uses The Matheson System of evaluation. The primary focus of the evaluation is to answer relevant questions provided by the referral source. Our clinic is fully equipped with up to date testing equipment to perform valid, reliable, and standardized evaluations.
How long is a Functional Capacity Evaluation?
– Our FCE is a 1 day (6-8 hours) evaluation, with a short follow up interview the next day. This duration provides a clearer picture of individual’s full day capacity.